Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Should I post about this...

I went back and forth about whether or not I should share anything with you about what I am about to share with you.  Ultimately, I decided that it may...may be a help to someone out there, and that I would share this information on the blog.  This post and those subsequent posts that are relevant to it will be extremely personal.  I hope that they may encourage someone out there, and I do not share them with any vain intentions at all.

I have started a diet recently, and to be more accurate, I have changed certain lifestyle habits.  I had reached a point in my personal health that I was not happy with.  I needed desperately to make certain changes.  I began that journey in earnest on February 12.  Since that date, I have lost 14.6 pounds and have seen my body fat percentage go down by a little over a percentage point and have seen my BMI go down a point.  I was overjoyed to have seen results such as those in just a week.  The changes have been hard to adjust to at times, but adhering to them has paid dividends.  I have felt my energy level increase, and have been more alert and enthusiastic.  I feel great.

If you have reached a point of dissatisfaction with your personal health, start the change today.  Now is the only time you have to make a difference.  Starting tomorrow means that you will never start!  If anyone needed to change personal habits to improve their health, it was me- so I am by no means professing to be an authority on the matter, but I am someone who has made the leap to do so.  Take it from someone that has been disappointed in how they had let their health decline- make the changes you know you need to make starting right now.  Deal with the pain and inconvenience now, and avoid the drastic pains and consequences that await further down the road of poor health.

What did I do to achieve the results I saw?  I ate less, much less, than I had been eating.  I kept close track of what and when I ate.  I began taking supplements and vitamins to improve other areas of my health, and I exercised more than I had been.  Sitting at a desk or standing at a chalkboard or podium is not very taxing, so I had to figure out ways to get more physical activity in everyday.  I took stairs whenever possible.  I parked further away instead of looking for the close spot.  I didn't eat past a certain time (usually 6pm depending upon schedule limitations).  I started actively thinking about what I put into my body.  Our bodies are the temple of God and we should take extreme care to be good stewards of our physical bodies.  I had to begin to care more about my lifestyle choices and how they affected my health.  I had to be more conscious of how I ate and slept and exercised.  Nothing super complicated, but simple things that I had to discipline myself to do each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment