Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Stand Amazed!

What amazes you?  What leaves you speechless?  What moves you?  In a world where it is increasingly more difficult to shock, amaze, and move most people, I find that I am still amazed at Jesus!

The spectacular is constantly being updated and challenged.  What was once rarity is today commonplace.  Feats that previously had been thought to be impossible have been achieved.  The great play of yesteryear is now an every game occurrence in the modern era.  What surprised and amazed people of past generations barely elicits a yawn these days.  The alley-oop that only a few pros could pull off now happens in high school and AAU games.  The leaping grab that was once reserved for NFL top-tier receivers to make is now made by amateur athletes all over the country.  What was shocking and amazing on television and in movies is now what comprises most of our commercials.

As time marches on, the bar is constantly being raised on what it takes to amaze.  Yet, as our ability to achieve and surpass our predecessors increases, one thing should remain constant- our amazement at the goodness of God!  The one thing in my life that has never been topped is God's unbelievable generosity and grace in my life.  The mercies of the Lord are new everyday!  God routinely leaves me amazed and speechless in His presence.  I often go to Him and cannot audibly say anything, but my heart is overflowing with praise and thanksgiving.  God's undeniable and undeserved working in my life is the one thing that is guaranteed to never be upended by some other newer thing that is better.

One reason that is so, is that there is nothing greater than my God!  He is the reason I live, and He alone grants me the strength and ability to carry on living in this wicked world.  God is the undisputed champion in my life!  Secondly, God is constantly one-upping Himself!  Just when I think that the Lord could not bless me any more- He does!  Just when I think I have reached the limits of God's mercy and patience- He grants another chance!  God is good!

If you have grown dissatisfied with the instability of this ever-changing world, taste and see that the Lord is good!  Allow the Lord to be the focal point of your life.  Give yourself to Him, and He will not let you down.  You will be constantly amazed, satisfied, fulfilled, and left with the overwhelming feeling of being loved, uplifted, protected, and promoted by the Lord.  God never fails, and He will not fail to leave you amazed in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment