Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friendship


On a day dedicated mostly to the romantic, I would like to offer up a praise of friendship.  I am extremely thankful for friendship.  Absent friendship, my life would be devoid of much happiness and depleted of fun and excitement.  The friendships I enjoy give my life the color and depth that I so need to break up the drab reality that makes up so much of my work-a-day existence.  Among the daily, mundane trivialities are interspersed those random and joyful interactions with....friends. 

At this time, I am unmarried.  I have no spouse from which to derive the daily pleasures of conversation, encouragement, or companionship.  I am not in a "romantic" relationship, so I must treasure the true gift of friendship.  Even on a day that the world has by and large turned into a celebration of lust (some of the Valentine's cards I've read this year were downright dirty and should have had a warning label!) by focusing solely on what kind of pleasures sensual relations bring, don't lose sight of those good friends who also love and cherish you!

2 comments:

  1. Very true! Good stuff on here, Cori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. I just hope that if anyone takes the time to read here, that it be helpful in some way. You have a great thing going at the Millenial Blog, I look forward to each new post!

      Delete