Thursday, March 1, 2012

What My Tears Would Say

If you could see my heart of love,
So full about to burst;
And when words fail, it empties out
Like rain on ground athirst.

If you could read those tears that fell
And stained this page so dry;
If you knew from which well they came,
And when they fell and why.
Those tears would say, "I love you" and
"I'll go that extra mile."
They carry love so strong and true,
So pure and undefiled.

The tears would say, "I miss you" when
By chance you're ever gone.
They'd stream and flow right down my face
Until your journey's done.

The tears would say, "You're special" and
"There's no one quite like you."
They'd make you feel like royalty;
They'd cheer you when you're blue.

The tears would say, "I need you" when
No other seems to care.
They'd reach out and they'd want you,
And they wouldn't want to share.

The tears would say, "I know you" when
Some lie you'd try to tell.
The tears would keep you honest should
You try to cast some spell.

The tears would say, "I trust you" if
Some indecision came.
The tears would back you up in times
When others issue blame.

The tears would say, "I'll hold your hand" and
Would comfort all your fears.
They'd drive away detractors and
Cause loved ones to draw near.

The tears would say, "Forgiven" if
You ever went astray.
The tears would never hold a grudge,
Not even for a day.

The tears would say, "I'm sorry" when
The tables have been turned.
If I'm the one found in the wrong,
And you're the one that's burned.

The tears would say, "You're lovely" should
Some haters mock and scorn.
They'd spread a balm where you'd been pricked
By critics' spiteful thorns.

The tears would sacrifice and give
So you would never want.
The tears would always acquiesce 
So you could glow and flaunt.

The tears would serve and gladly bend
So you some rest could take.
The tears would carry all your load
So your back never aches.

The tears would never breathe again
So you could draw one breath.
The tears would face your every foe, 
And if they could, your death.

The tears would do these things and more,
And in that way express-
But you can't read them, they can't speak-
So now I must confess:
Sometimes I get so overwhelmed,
And when my words fail me-
Just see my tears and know, my friend,
What all they'd say and be.

1 comment:

  1. Your poem really moved me, thank you for sharing your heart and talent. You really should get back to writing and posting.

    ReplyDelete