Friday, April 20, 2012

Trials I Must Need.

My groanings rise and fill the skies,
And all the atmosphere-
No man can soothe my aching soul
Or calm my doubt and fear.

I wonder why I must be tried
In such a grueling way,
And why these sore afflictions came
Upon my life today.

No answers come from fellow man-
No comfort can they give.
Appointed unto me are trials,
And in them I must live.

Almighty God has handed down
This time of testing sore;
I must endure the fire and flood,
Then peace God will restore.

My loving God will never send
An overwhelming test:
Unless He first has given grace
To help me do my best.

My ways are not the ways of God,
For His are higher still
Than all the intellect of man-
He calls His ways His will.

His will I seek as though for gold
Or treasure rare indeed,
And if through trials my road may pass-
Then trials I must need.

No comments:

Post a Comment