Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Test

Life is a path made up in time by choices that we make,
A road well worn by our two feet and all the steps we take.
Though wounded, weary, tired, and tossed- never ever quit!
Running, walking, crawling, scratching- never choose to sit!

Each time I fall it's not because I like to lie around,
And not because I have grown tired and love to feel the ground.
I fall because I have not been on this path e'er before-
I have not been this far in life, or seen what is in store.

Each day brings new and risky tests that I must take alone.
You see, no one may go with me, I must stand on my own.
The danger is not in falling down, but staying down my friend;
For others come behind us soon, and they too may fall in.

So we must boldly, bravely go to blaze a clearer trail,
To help the sick, the weak, the lame, the lonely, and the frail.
Others gone before us worked to make a clearer road
So to must we forge on to help the feeble bear their load.

Onward, forward all must march for pilgrim folk are we-
Dear one this place is not our home but testing ground you see.
For as we go to run our race and drink up our life's cup,
Our test is this- not if we fell, but if we did get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment