Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thinking of How Blessed I am Today!

I took some time to reflect early this morning about how much of God's unmerited favor I enjoy everyday.  I was overwhelmed that God has allowed me to serve Him for another year!  I could not help but to shed some tears of joy for the incredible blessings I receive that I do not deserve.  On the occasion of my birthday, I have always- as long as I can remember- taken a look back at the past year to take stock of its blessings and also look ahead to the coming year to imagine what it has in store.  This morning, I prayed for a year filled with opportunities to serve.  I asked the Lord to increase my vision and to grant me the wisdom, discernment, faith, and strength to live out an enlarged ministry.  I only desire to be a help here, in the ministry God has placed me in, and to find new ways to serve the people here.

I couldn't care less about making any kind of name for myself, or rubbing shoulders with people who have big "names".  I love the fact that our ministry is kind of tucked away, and isn't at the center of anyone's attention...other than God's!  Now, we have a great ministry here, and what could be considered a pretty good sized church running about 600, but I love the fact that our Pastor and church have no desire to garner attention with any "camp" or any particular college or preacher- we just serve the people of our community, state, and the world by fulfilling the great commission.  I am truly blessed to serve in the capacity that I do in this wonderful ministry! 

I have been blessed beyond measure to have enjoyed the kind of wonderful friends I have been able to make through the years.  I have heard from many of you already today.  I have also been wonderfully blessed by the Godly influences that have impacted my life.  My Preacher, Dr. B.G. Buchanan, was a truly wise spiritual leader to me for 18 years as I grew up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  When I left to attend college, I was blessed to sit under the ministry of Dr. Jack Hyles and the First Baptist Church and Hyles-Anderson College.  I have also enjoyed learning from Dr. Eric Capaci, Dr. Keith Gomez, and my current pastor, Dr. Dean Miller, Jr.  Bro. Miller has been a wonderful preacher, spiritual leader, and boss- I cannot think of another man I would want to serve more! 

So, on my birthday, I am reflecting on how supremely I have been blessed of the Lord.  Take some time today to think about how wonderful your life really is.  Even if you are facing hard times, think of the provision of the Lord that has brought you through before.  If you are in the midst of the trial, consider the Hand of the Lord that has been safeguarding you and that will ultimately deliver you.  If you are enjoying the peaceful mountaintop, bow down and praise the Lord for His goodness.  Just be thankful!  Life is a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment